Tailgate Decals FAQ
Tailgate Decals FAQ
1. Q: What is the difference between a tailgate wrap, tailgate decals, and tailgate lettering?
A: Lettering is typically individually cut letters that are pre-spaced. They are usually one single color. Decals have a background for example a white rectangle with a company name and logo all on one solid piece. A wrap is usually a larger vinyl sheet, which will be large enough to wrap over the edges and tuck under so the entire surface is covered with vinyl.
2. Q: How to install tailgate wraps and decals?
A： First of all, if you want to install the tailgate wraps yourself, you need at least one helper. Below is a video showing the correct tailgate wraps installation steps. A tailgate decal will be much easier to apply with the help of pre-masked application tape.
3. Q: How long should I wait to wash my truck after applying tailgate decals?
A: Generally, we recommend waiting at least 48 hours before washing your truck after applying decals.
4. Q: How long do truck tailgate letters last?
A: ACME uses superior vinyl material and top-quality ink (HP Latex) to fabricate vehicle graphics products. They could last up to 7 years or longer under proper care. But if what you are looking for is a short-term option, we also provide removable wraps with a shorter lifespan.
5. Q: Will truck tailgate lettering damage my paint?
A: No, at least we haven’t seen this kind of situation. The adhesive layer is provided with an air release channel, which can be easily removed without damaging the paint.
6. Q: How to remove my truck tailgate wrap?
A: Use a heat gun or hair dryer to soften the adhesive and remove it. If the vinyl has been on for a long time, it will be harder to pull off because it’s more brittle. Please contact us for suggestions.
7. Q: Can I get a custom quote and design for my truck tailgate?
A: Absolutely, ACME has over 20 years of experience in OEM graphics production. You could send us your artwork, or we can do the design job for you. Our graphics professional will work with you to achieve the desired solution.
8. Q: Can you print a photo I provided to put on my truck tailgate?
A: Sure! The fun part about digitally printed vinyl is that you can create any designs and print them on vinyl. With photos, the main thing to remember is that you want to take the picture at the highest resolution, so it does not become pixelated as you enlarge it.